Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hmm....

I was looking over a list of Celtic deities, to get a feel for them, so to speak. Bran jumped out at me, when I read his name I felt an electric tingling in my stomach. Later, when doing a reading with my Druid Animal Oracle cards, the Raven came up. The Celtic word for raven is Bran, and the Raven in one's life signifies prophecy, initiation, healing. Prophecy because the raven helps with clear sight, with seeing the ways through the forest that do not follow the winding path. Initiation, in Raven's words, signifies the beginning of something new, and it can be as grand or humble as the initiator wishes. New beginnings, basically. I wasn't too sure about the healing part, but my own feeling tells me that it is a reparation of old wounds, buried deeply within.

I will wait to see if Bran, or any of the Celtic deities wish to approach me. If they do not, so be it. I don't want to just "pick" a deity off of a list on the Internet. I want my relationship with deity to come from the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment