Sunday, November 1, 2009

Seeing in the Dark

I was walking through the forest today-my heart revels in the greenery, the hidden twisted secrets in the roots of fallen trees, sunlight glancing through the ferns, illuminating. The sun causes everything to breath, and as I was walking through the woods, I could feel my heart open and for the first time in a long while, I was actually inhaling, exhaling. I found my voice, hidden in the quiet places of wood and stone, earth and tree.

In a clearing, I saw a stag with a large rack of antlers. He was grazing, and nibbling acorns off of the old oak he was standing under. A doe was partially hidden by oak, but when she appeared, it seemed complete. Male, female, sky, earth, sun, and moon. The stag lifted his wild head, and I felt an urge to run toward him, to run with him and his partner, to feel the earth underneath my feet and know that it is my home. He turned his head to glance back at his mate, and the feeling slowly sank into my bones.

I will run another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment